How to Replace the Main Battery in a 2Gig Home Alarm System
The majority of home alarm systems include a 24-hour backup battery. This means that the home alarm system will still operate if the power goes out. Â Follow below steps to replace the main battery Â in a 2GIG home alarm system.
Tools: A small to medium flathead screwdriver
Items: A new 2Gig Go Control panel battery
- Disarm or turn off Â home alarm system
- Locate and remove the screw on top of the keypad
- Gently pull down the front cover down (don’t let go)
- Locate the third hand (a plastic piece that looks like an upside down V)
- Place the third hand over the notch in the center of the cover
- Locate the green battery pack
- Remove the clip that connects the battery red and black wire to the circuit board.
- Remove the battery
- Insert the new battery and plug in the clip
- Unhook the third hand
- Guide the third hand and the large red wire into the keypad
- Close the cover and press until it snaps into place
- Replace the screw on top of the keypad
- Let it charge for 24 hours
- MonitronicsÂ® YouTube Channel
- MonitronicsÂ® corporate site
- MonitronicsÂ® Security video: How to Change Your Monitronics 2 Gig Keypad Battery
- 2 Gig Go Control Panel Installation & Programming Guide
Please calls us Â for home security systems in the Denver Metro Area.